Confirmation is comprised of:
- Confirmation Classes: Eight classes from January 8 to March 12, during Underground AM (9:30-10:30 am) in the Underground (lower level of VPC). The classes are on January 8, 15, 22 and 29th. February 12, 19 and 26; March 12.
- Year- Round Small Group Participation: Beginning in September, confirmation students are required to be a regular part of a small group. Small groups meet every Sunday, 5:30-7:30 as part of “Underground PM” starting September 11, 2016.
- Confirmation Retreat: An overnight retreat at Vienna Presbyterian from Friday, March 17th @ 7:00 pm to Saturday, March 18th @ 11:00 am.
- Elder Meeting & Social: A dessert social with Session members on March 22nd from 7:00-8:30 pm! Parents are encouraged to attend with their children as we celebrate the Confirmation process. While students are meeting with Elders, there will be a special parent portion of the evening.
- Bible Sunday: Recognition of students at each of the 3 worship services on Bible Sunday in January.
- Confirmation Sunday: March 26, 2017 at all 3 worship services.
We also encourage students to connect to the VPC community by attending other Student Ministry events like Fall Retreat, Sunday School, and participating in service opportunities.
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who did God create me to be?
- What is the role of the Holy Spirit in my life?
- How can I be part of Christian community and, specifically, VPC?
- Understanding and applying Scripture
- Spiritual practices & habits
- Presbyterian beliefs
Registration & Forms
- Register HERE, open September 1st
- Complete this form required by the Presbytery: The Confirmand Information Form.
- And, if you have not been baptized, complete this form The Baptism Application Form .
For more information please contact Thea Jeschke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.938.9050 x128.