UPDATE: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) AS OF 3/31/20
Amidst concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to let you know how VPC is responding. Our leadership team is carefully and continuously monitoring this situation. As information evolves, this page is the primary, most up-to-date place for you to receive answers to commonly asked questions. We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for our church family and surrounding community.
IS VPC GATHERING ON SUNDAY MORNINGS?
The building will be closed until further notice, but we are still the church regardless how we gather. Online worship is available live at 9:00am and on-demand recorded after 10:30am. This will be a live service led by our pastors and worship team but only available via Livestream. The 10:10am learning communities will also be online. Click here to access the links to join the groups. We believe we can continue to learn and grow together as a church by worshiping together in our homes with friends and family. The theatrical production, No Condemnation has been postponed until further notice.
WHAT RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE FOR MY FAMILY & CHILDREN?
Our Next Gen team has put together resources for families, and children. You can find the resources here.
IS VPC OPEN ON WEEKDAYS?
As for our onsite precautions, please know we deeply value the health and safety of each person who enters our facilities and for that reason, we have decided to close our building until further notice. Our ministry has not stopped. Our staff is available by phone and email. Our operations continues as well as and we encourage you to give online at this time or mail your donation to the church.
WHO CAN I CONTACT ABOUT A CARE NEED OR PRAYER CONCERN?
While the impacts of the coronavirus mean some changes to our daily lives, the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of people have not been put on hold and we must continue to care for those around us.
- You can complete a prayer request form and submit it online which will be forwarded to staff in our Care Ministry.
- We are offering a daily Word and Prayer, Monday through Friday at 12:00pm via Facebook.
- Virtual Pastoral Care: we will have a VPC pastor speak and pray with you by video or phone. Contact Lee Taylor at 703.938.9050, x103 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT PRECAUTIONS CAN PEOPLE TAKE
Per the CDC, we encourage everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus, flu, and other illnesses, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people, at least 6 feet
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.