What We Believe about Marriage
Marriage is a gift from God in which a man and a woman come together as husband and wife to enjoy a new identity, a new unity with one another in a relationship characterized by unconditional love, faithfulness, and permanence. This marriage relationship is meant to be a reflection of God himself whose very triune nature is expressed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. But marriage is not merely a relationship; a couple is called together to fulfill their God given mission.
There are no perfect marriages. There are only marriages in which two imperfect people refuse to give up on each other. A willingness to grow and change together will cultivate a deeper marriage relationship. Understanding this, the best thing that a couple can give each other is a transforming relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Blended & Blessed Livestream Event – 4/27/19 from 9:30-4:30pm in the Activity Center in the Underground. Join us for a one-day livestream event just for stepfamily couples, single parents, dating couples with kids, and those who care about blended families. This is a day for discussing what you can do to have a healthy stepfamily marriage and hear from today’s most trusted and respected experts. Blended & Blessed will challenge, inspire and encourage you! Find out more at the Blended & Blessed website. This event is free, but we ask you to please register here.
- Invest in your marriage through Weekend to Remember. The conference is held year-round at multiple locations throughout the country, including regular Spring weekends in Reston and Fall and Winter weekends in nearby Maryland locations. Use our church group registration code (“VPC”) for a discount of $100/couple at any location, any weekend. Learn more here. Limited financial assistance is also available. VPC Contact for more information or questions: Bruce & Julie Knight (703-691-3406 or B_JKnight@msn.com).
- Couples Small Groups – A great way to have fun and support and encourage your marriage. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RightNow Media – over 10,000 videos to stream. For information about RightNow Media or DVD’s contact Dalliss at email@example.com.
- Ten Great Books
- Marriage in Crisis? Don’t Know Where to Turn? Contact your pastoral staff at VPC: Church phone: 703.938.9050. Emails: