Sunday mornings, join us at Underground AM!
“Underground AM” is Sunday School for 7th-12th grade students.
We meet on Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30am in the Underground (church basement). This year, we are using “The Gospel Project” curriculum, a Christ-centered, chronological Bible study for students that examines how all Scripture points to Jesus Christ. Rotating discussion groups are led by adult volunteers who are committed to partnering with parents in creating space for students to have vibrant, growing relationships with Jesus.
*Note: AM is suspended the first Sunday of each month so that families can partake in the sacrament of Communion together with the larger church body.
To see our latest AM teachings subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE!
Join us for Underground PM!
“Underground PM” is youth group for 7th-12th grade students.
We meet on Sunday nights from 5:30-7:30pm in the Underground (church basement) for worship, games, and fellowship, followed by small group time. Our small groups are broken out by grade and gender and are co-led by adults who are committed to helping teens pursue an authentic faith. Our small groups are open and you are welcome to join anytime!
For information about our Curriculum, check out our Parents page.
If you have any questions or would like any more information, feel free to contact Interim Student Ministries Senior Manager Michelle Rahal at Michelle.Rahal@viennapres.org.
Screenagers: Growing up in the Digital Age
Join us for a free movie event, a panel discussion for parents and breakouts for students. Screenagers is an award-winning film that probes into the vulnerable corners of family life and depicts messy struggles over social media, video games and academics. The film offers solutions on how we can help our kids navigate the digital world.
January 27th from 5:30-7:30
- 5:30 – Worship in the Underground for students & families
- 6:00 – Screenagers movie in Sanctuary for students in 7th – 12th grade & parents. 1st – 6th graders can enjoy a movie night in the Great Hall and childcare is available through Kindergarten by request.
- 7:00 – Panel discussion for parents in Sanctuary, 7th-12th graders in Underground for discussion breakouts
Student Ministries Ski Trip
February 9, 2019
Join us for a fun day of skiing at Whitetail! This is for high school students only (9-12th grade). Register here. Space is limited to 42 students and 10 adults. The deadline to sign up is January 23rd.
January 27th is the deadline for all forms to be submitted to Michelle Rahal at VPC.
- Student Ski Trip Form – all students must complete this form
- Adult Ski Trip Form – all adults must complete this form
- Whitetail Rental Form – everything should be filled in and signed, except the boxed area in the middle of the sheet, which will be completed by the Whitetail staff onsite
For an up-to-date calendar, check out the “Calendar” tab on the VPC Students homepage.
If you have any questions or would like any more information, feel free to contact Interim Student Ministries Senior Manager Michelle Rahal.
Would you rather that your child not be in any photos, videos, or used in any media for the church? Please fill out the Media Opt Out Form
Confirmation Program 2018-2019
- Classes: Sunday mornings from 9:15am-10:45am. They will run January 6 – March 17 in room 308/309.
- Confirmation Retreat: March 22-23
- Meeting with Session Elders: March 24
- Confirmation Sunday: March 31
What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is a public profession of faith that seeks to provide youth with a foundational understanding of our faith and traditions. It is an opportunity to discover or rediscover what you believe and why it is important to know what you believe. It is the decision to make a personal profession of faith, affirming the vows made on your behalf at baptism, taking ownership of your faith & beliefs.
Students are eligible to enroll in the Confirmation process beginning their 9th grade year and can choose to go through the process any subsequent year. Click here for detailed information about last year’s Confirmation Process: Confirmation Information 2018.
- Register for Confirmation (Mandatory): Register here.
- Complete this form required for the Church Records (Mandatory): The Confirmand Information Form.
- If you have not been baptized, complete this form The Baptism Application Form .
For more information please contact NextGen Director, Melissa Ciavarella. (703)938-9050 ext. 124
Summer Mission Projects
Refer to the SMP page for full, up-to-date information.
SMP Mission Statement
Out of our zeal for the glory of Jesus Christ, we joyfully go to out to share the good news of the Gospel with our neighbors and the nations.
What are SMPs?
- Short-term mission projects
- An opportunity to spread the Gospel through our lives and actions
- An opportunity to give of our time and energy
- A team effort, which requires preparation
Questions? Contact Interim Student Ministries Senior Manager Michelle Rahal.
Regular Worship Schedule
September 9, 2018 – June 9, 2019 (Fall-Spring)
8:00am Worship (Youth-Led)
9:30am Contemporary Worship Service
11:00am Traditional Worship Service